Good intentions and resolutions are a hallmark tradition for ringing in the New Year. We promise ourselves that this is the year for organizing our health information, create health savings account spreadsheets, and get our taxes in on time. These aren’t on a top ten resolution list for 2019! Most of us can’t find a paper clip without a search party!
What’s the plan?
With so many changes for health care services, you’ll want to start the year off right. The open enrollment period has ended and it’s time to find all that paperwork you received in the fall. Although this is not the first priority when the clock strikes midnight of 2019, it is the best time to check your coverage details. If you are still uncertain about plan specifics, talk with your company or private insurance representatives for guidance.
Medicare Advantage participants will have a new open enrollment period from January 1 to March 31.
We are here to assist you through any changes and hope you will take a moment to review these health insurance tips for the New Year:
- Visit our website www.blueridgeobg.com to verify accepted health insurance plans for 2019 through the www.planforduke.com platform.
- If you do not have access to a computer or are unsure if we accept your plan, please call the office for help.
- If you have received your new health insurance cards put them safely in your wallet, so at that first 2019 visit, they can be entered into the electronic health record.
- Medicare patients should have received new government issued cards using a secure number to replace your social security number.
- If Medicare is your primary provider link to Medicare-Yearly-Review to access their helpful guide.
- Many practices require photo identification so be sure to bring yours with you.
- Let the practice office know if you are enrolled in a health savings account program.
- Please tell us if your address, contact, or employee information has changed recently.
- Verify your plan deductible or co-pay.
- Yearly deductibles are met first.
- Co-pays are collected at the time of service.
We are here for you
Your health and well-being are a top priority for our team and we are proud to be a part of your health care family. Our service model is to ensure that each patient is treated with kindness, compassion, and gentle loving care. We want to help you meet your health goals for 2019 and look forward to a wonderful partnership.
Our best wishes for the New Year and thank you for the trust you have placed in the BlueRidge OB/GYN Associates.
The information on this site is intended to raise awareness and understanding of specific health issues. It should not be used for diagnosis or a substitute for health care by your physician.